Jan 20, 2009

The last leg

We're into our last couple of days in Bend. We have gotten rid of most of our stuff - most of them to friends, the rest to thrift stores. Even though it is just random stuff in the apartment, I am kinda emotionally attached to them. Wish we could send them all over to Perth.

Definitely having a lot of mixed feelings this week. Justin and I are both happy we're starting a new life together, but at the same time we're sad to leave everything here. The strongest emotion I am feeling right now is the guilt of taking Justin away from his wonderful friends. So many people turned up last night and I was teary eyed a couple of times when I saw him with his friends. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is for the better.

The next couple of days will be a lot of cleaning and meeting up with close friends. We've rented a car and booked a motel room for our last day/night here. On the last day, we will just be chilling and resting. And then there will be some sobbing and crying on the plane. Ha! Definitely looking forward to that... NOT!

5 comments:

Piggy said...

Wow.. I guess while it is sad to leave Bend.. on the brighter side, it would be an exciting adventure together in Perth where you will being a whole new life.. imagine exploring the place together.. building up a home together.. :D Quite exciting too!

Anonymous said...

hey cindy...i know its hard leaving since bend has so many special memories for you both, but i'm sure you will come back to visit. now u guys will be starting a new life together...and that's something special in itself to look forward to. (but yes, it is OK to be emotional for a bit)

Anonymous said...

good luck!!

ToPaZsKyE said...

Yes i can totally imagine that. It was how I felt when I left hawaii and strangely too, I know I would feel that way again when I head back to the US. Haiz...it is such a bittersweet feeling. But yayy to Justin and u for moving forward..:D

Kimiko said...

Everything will work out for you Cindy :o) I'm glad that you and Justin can be together in Australia! I wish you two the best of luck!